2018 College Scholarship Program
For the 9th consecutive year, Greenwood Credit Union is pleased to sponsor the Cooperative Credit Union Association’s College Scholarship Program and very proud to have sponsored 3 past scholarship winners!
The Association will award eight $500 scholarships to deserving students throughout the state who will be enrolled in an undergraduate college program during the 2018-2019 academic year.
Information regarding eligibility for these scholarships is as follows:
- The applicant must be a full-time student currently enrolled in or accepted to a college/university undergraduate program.
- The applicant or parent/guardian must be a member in good standing of Greenwood Credit Union.
- The applicant must complete a Cooperative Credit Union Association scholarship application form(in black ink) and submit it along with the items listed below NO LATER THAN APRIL 6, 2018.
Complete application packages should be sent to:
Human Resources Greenwood Credit Union
2669 Post Road
Warwick, RI 02886
All of the following items must accompany the application to qualify for consideration:
- Academic Transcript (College freshman must submit their high school transcripts along with their college transcripts.)
- A 250 word essay which identifies what career they wish to pursue upon completion of their education and why.
- A detailed list of volunteer and community activities.
- A letter of support from a person in authority at a non-profit organization, hospital or other charitable organization at which the applicant is actively involved in serving as a volunteer.
As a sponsoring credit union, Greenwood will select the top 3 applications submitted and forward them to the Cooperative Credit Union Association. Applications will be evaluated on a variety of criteria including students’, academic performance, extracurricular activities, and the quality and content of an essay that addresses the applicant’s intended major field of study and career goals.
The eight recipients will be chosen by the Cooperative Credit Union Association from applications submitted from all sponsoring credit unions throughout the state.
Please contact Lori Coletta at (401) 562-2744 or [email protected] with any questions.
To download the applicationClick Here